Wednesday 10 July 2013

A Short Explanation

Now would probably be a good time to explain the name of this blog. A Place In This World is a song by Taylor Swift (more on my obsession about her later) written when she was about my age. The best way to explain why I chose it would simply be for you to listen to the song. The lyrics talk about being a teenager and not really knowing what's going to happen to you. In other words, it's a song that describes me very well. Not unhappy or discontent, just slightly aimless and still comparatively carefree. 

Summer is somehow almost halfway over. Every year, these two months pass by quicker and quicker, and the upcoming September is already sneaking up on me, trying to arrive unnoticed. I always begin the summer with a list of things I'd like to achieve, but I inevitably waste all my time engaging in crucial activities (such as sleeping in). Then, all of a sudden the back to school ads start playing on TV and I realize I've once again managed to accomplish not very much at all. Thankfully, this year seems fated to be more productive than its predecessors. At least I actually sat down and finally created this blog. And I've got lots more ideas for the remaining portion of summer. 

Here's to hoping those ideas won't just stay as ideas. 


No comments:

Post a Comment