Friday 26 July 2013

Neglectful Blog Owners

So apparently it didn't take me long to start being lazy about putting up blog posts. Not surprising. I won't even bother with any pathetic excuses.

Do you ever feel like everyone else is living a more glamorous life than you are? It's the feeling you get when you flip through a magazine and see all the celebrities' daily lives documented with paparazzi pictures. Maybe all they're doing is walking their dog, or going to their local Starbucks, but there's still this aura surrounding them that the rest of us will probably never be able to possess. With celebrities, the feeling makes sense. After all, it's what their careers are based on. But sometimes, wallowing in my sad ordinary-ness, I start thinking that everyone out there having a more exciting life than I am.

I want something more than just a daily routine of school, sleep, Facebook, and not much else. I want to meet new people, go to new places, write about new things. I want to be free of everything that's holding me back, which if I'm being honest, is really my own lack of motivation. Apparently I'm only capable of (very) small bursts of inspiration. Usually while listening to a song such as Never say Never (Yes, it's Justin Bieber. No, I will not be ashamed.)

I hope I'm making sense here; I don't have the energy to go back and edit once I finish writing this. It's a good thing this is going on the Internet; maybe it'll remind me of what I want in life whenever I'm feeling extremely unmotivated.

Until next time. Hopefully I'll have something more interesting to talk about than my own sorry life.

No comments:

Post a Comment